Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Swaddle Free?

Well, we tried for an entire week to go without a swaddle. 

          Sleeping without his swaddle

The first night (Friday) he woke up 7-8 times. On the second night only 3-4 times. So naturally I thought we would be past the whole swaddling thing before the weekend was over. That's what I get for thinking. Last night (Thursday) he woke up EVERY hour. That was the second or third time this week he did that. So, along with going to work every day, I have also been waking up WAY to many times at night. This makes for a very cranky Mommy. Now, with the helpful advise of some of my mommy friends, I have decided my baby, despite what the doctor says, is just not ready to sleep unswaddled. Tonight, when Stephen got a little tired, I gave him a shower, Daddy got him dressed and played with him for a few minutes, then, I played with him for a few minutes, swaddled him and put him in bed. I did have to go in his room once to settle him (only having to pat his tummy). HE FELL RIGHT TO SLEEP!!!! I suffered for an entire week with nothing to show for it, except bags under my eyes! But we will be trying again in a couple of weeks. 

Well, it wasn't all for nothing. The second night without a swaddle he rolled over from his back to his tummy! 
   How I found him at midnight Saturday!

Since then, he has been rolling from back to tummy like crazy! What the heck?! He is getting so big! And mobile!! I know tomorrow he is just going to take off running! He was rolling from tummy to back a little before, but was having a hard time with it. He is still having a hard time rolling from tummy to back (that darn arm is always in the way). But rolling from back to tummy seems to be old news, and he's only really been doing it a day or two!!! 
            The many ways he sleeps.
                        (this week)


1 comment:

  1. He is soooo sweet, and he will get ready soon enough to be out of the swaddle. You are doing a GREAT job mommy!

    ReplyDelete